Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Theres probably a few hundred of us

I haven't updated this blog in a while. I've been traveling and writing a thesis full of monadic deliciousness and behavioral invariant transformations--coming soon. I started a job last month making a PDP-11 emulator at Quickware.

There's probably a few hundred of us who are watching the accelerated computing meme spread. It is catching on, there's probably a few dozen of us ready to put our mouth where the money is when wall street catches on too--email me by the way (my name at where i work).

Just wanted to point out that big supercomputers are used to analyze carbon dioxide emissions due to the ever increasing amount of energy required to power our big super computers.

And programming environments always seem to suck unless you build it yourself. Thank Gerry for Scheme though.

1 comment:

blaisemouttet said...

Your blog is very interesting and I for one am convinced that reconfigurable computing (especially using reconfigurable materials) will come to dominate electronics in the next few decades.

I'm curious if you are aware of the new nanoelectronic computing architectures being proposed by Hewlett Packard and Nantero based on crossbar arrays. It is interesting to note that these architectures have inherent reconfigurable characteristics since they are formed using either resistance variable material (e.g. rotaxanes or chalcogenides in the case of HP) or mechanical switching elements (carbon nanotube ribbons in the case of Nantero). I wrote an article on the subject entitled "Alternative Nanoelectronics:A Comparative Analysis" at www.nanolabweb.com and was surprised at how similar the architectures were to FPGA fabrics. If interested I can E-mail you a pdf of the article (my e-mail is blaise_mouttet@yahoo.com) I also have a blog at blogger called "tinytechip" which monitors companies patenting in the nanotech. field.